Registered practical nurse (RPN)
We are currently seeking Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs). You will be required to perform duties in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards, CanDo Support Services Inc.'s policies and procedures, the Standards of Nursing Practice, and Long-Term Care Legislation.
- Reporting observations on the client’s condition, especially changes from normal behaviour
- Preparing in-home client file, using correct information and proper documentation procedure
- Performing client care according to the agreed upon Client Care Plan
- Assisting with simple health care routines, such as reminders to maintain dietary restrictions, medication regimen, and recommended exercises
- Teaching of safety and home management skills, while promoting independence
- Immediately reporting any emergency situations to the Nurse Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse
- Other duties as assigned
- Current certificate of competency (licence) from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) Diploma
- Valid CPR + First Aid Certificate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to perform shift work requirements in a 7 day a week operation
- Minimum two years of experience (long-term care setting preferred)
Selected candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (PRC) with vulnerable sector screening, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (O.Reg.79/10).
How to Apply:
If you love making a difference in the lives of others, please email hr [at] candosupport.ca or fax at 1-888-789-9841.
We thank you for your interest, however, only qualified applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.