Advanced Foot Care Nurse
If you love making a difference in the lives of others, then open yourself up to a career at CanDo Support Services Inc. We are currently seeking an Advanced Footcare Nurse. You will be required to perform duties in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards, CanDo's policies and procedures, the Standards of Nursing Practice, and Long-Term Care Legislation.
- Reporting observations on the client’s condition, especially changes from normal behaviour
- Preparing and maintaining in-home client file, using correct information and proper documentation procedure
- Collaborates with patient and other primary health care practitioners to establish foot care plan
- Performing client care according to the agreed upon Client Care Plan
- Assisting with simple health care routines, such as reminders to maintain dietary restrictions, medication regimen, and recommended exercises
- Teaching of safety and home management skills, while promoting independence
- Immediately reporting any emergency situations to the Nurse Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Two years foot care experience, working in a community-based setting (experience working with diverse population an asset)
- Certification from an accredited Advanced Foot Care course, including the following skills: cutting and packing involuted nails, debridement of onychomycotic nails, reduction of vascular callus or corns, reduction of callus with fissures, diabetic foot care assessment, and the development of plan of care, referrals and treatments
- Valid CPR + First Aid Certificate
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to perform shift work requirements in a 7 day a week operation
- Must have valid driver's licence and regular access to a reliable vehicle
Selected candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (PRC) with vulnerable sector screening, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (O.Reg.79/10).
How to Apply:
Please email hr [at] candosupport.ca or fax at 1-888-789-9841. Include a cover letter clearly outlining (point form preferred) how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
We thank you for your interest, however, only qualified applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.