Personal Support Workers (Psws)
We are currently hiring Personal Support Workers (PSWs). As a CanDo Support Services Inc. Personal Support Worker, you will work in a community setting or a long-term care home, under the direction of a regulated health care provider. PSWs are tasked with providing homemaking, personal care and related Activities of Daily Living (ADL) in the client’s home. Depending on the request for assistance, other services may include: companionship, emotional support, respite/palliative care or childcare. Personal care includes assisting the client in stabilization with sitting, standing or walking. Related tasks may include dietary management, household chores essential to the client’s health and well-being.
- Reporting observations on the client’s condition, especially changes from normal behaviour
- Preparing in-home client file, using correct information and proper documentation procedure
- Performing client care according to the agreed upon Client Care Plan
- Assisting with simple health care routines, such as reminders to maintain dietary restrictions, medication regimen, and recommended exercises
- Teaching of safety and home management skills, while promoting independence
- Immediately reporting any emergency situations to the Nurse Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse
- Other duties as assigned
- Personal attributes of a successful PSW include: flexible and creative, reliable, mature, friendly and courteous with a desire to help.
- Must have a current Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate or equivalent
- Valid CPR + First Aid certificate
- Recent Clean Police/Vulnerable Sector Clearance
- Recent Clean TB Proof
- Ability to perform shift work requirements in a 7 day a week operation
- Availability to work days (up to 12 hour shifts)
- Two years of experience an asset
Selected candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (PRC) with vulnerable sector screening, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (O.Reg.79/10).
How to Apply:
If you love making a difference in the lives of others, please email hr [at] candosupport.ca or fax at 1-888-789-9841.
We thank you for your interest, however, only qualified applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.